50 Reasons to Visit The Lake District
50.It’s the Home of Beatrix Potter & Peter Rabbit!
49.Conquer the heights of England’s Highest Mountain
48.Sarah Nelson’s Grasmere Gingerbread is to die for!
47.Visit the Beautiful homes of Wordsworth
46.Zip trek through our beautiful forests
45.We have food that you can not miss out on
44. We know how to do a festival!
43.Views that will take your breath away!
42. Sheep….I mean we have thousands!
41. Ride through the hills and challenge yourself!
40. Get off the Beaten Track!
39. Cruise on the largest lake in England
38.Drink in one of the highest pubs in England
37. Sleep in luxury accommodation!
36. Walk in the footsteps of Alfred Wainwright
35.Visit Britain’s smallest house! I mean it’s tiny!
34. See what swims in our waters
33.See the views on our trains
32. We really know how to do Christmas!
31. Camp out under the stars
30. Try our local award winning Relishes!
29.Scale our slate mines on our Ferrata
28.See the Lakes from a kayak
27.We do Theatre
26.Visit our Art’s and Craft Houses
25.Take a tour to the famous Castlerigg Stone Circle
24.Visit our Distillery! Yes, we like GIN to!
23. Try our local Delicacy!
22. We love log cabins with hot tubs!
21.Scramble those gorges
20.Visit the Motor Museum (yes, we do cars and boats!)
19. We do Afternoon Tea!
18. Don’t miss what we are best at! Our Country festivals!
17.Visit the magical Peter Rabbit
16.Walk those challenging edges
15.Eat the famous Cumberland Sausage
14.Collect our own Currency
13.We love our gardens
12. Drink some of our finest Toffee Vodka
11. Segway through our forests
10.Visit a world Heritage Site
9. Shop in our quirky market towns
8. Home of the Sticky Toffee Pudding
7. Set Sail on Ullswater
6. Swim in our Lakes
5.Visit England’s deepest Lake!
4.Take a look inside our Castles
3.Picnic by the Lakes
2. Visit the Adventure Capital of the UK!
1. 18 Million Visitors every year! 18 millionpeople can’t be wrong!
We are open all year!!